On the 15th August, The Transparency & Consent Framework (TCF) v1.1 was depleted and replaced by TCF v2.0.
So far over 600 vendors have registered to implement TCF v2.0! This includes many of the largest vendors and CMPs in programmatic advertising, including Adobe, Axel Springer, Criteo, Google, GroupM, Integral Ad Science, MediaMath, Oracle, OneTrust, The Ozone Project, The Rubicon Project, The Trade Desk, Quantcast, and Xandr, amongst many others. The full list of companies currently registered for TCF v2.0 can be found here.
So What Is TCF v2.0 And How Can You Get Ready?
- The Transparency and Consent Framework (TCF) consists of Policies and Technical Specifications that assist all companies in the digital advertising supply chain to meet transparency and user choice requirements related to data processing
- Like TCF v1.1, TCF v2.0 is designed to standardise the collection and transmission of user choice and transparency on digital properties so that the digital advertising supply chain can align with GDPR and ePrivacy requirements. However, TCF v2.0 takes better account of Publishers’ needs as well as the evolving legal requirements and expectations from regulators
- Check out our TCF v2.0 Fact Sheet, TCF v2.0 FAQs and TCF v2.0 switchover Q&A for a more detailed overview
- Want to hear what the industry thinks? Read Exchangewire's interview with leading industry peers on the TCF v2.0 here
What Support And Guidance Materials Are Available?
To support vendors, publishers and CMPs implementing TCF v2.0, we have prepared marketing materials and collaterals to provide a clear overview of the framework, its mechanism, and what it entails for all stakeholders involved. From videos to handy guides, you will find everything you need below to get more familiar with TCF v2.0 and its latest updates. You can access all materials here.
Top Materials We Recommend:
- Vendor implementation and registration - Start here – this blog post shows how vendors can successfully register and implement the TCF
- Vendor Insight - Xandr detail how they successfully implemented TCF v2.0 with some top tips in this Blog Post
- Implementation FAQs - To help you successfully implement TCF v2.0, we’ve put together some frequently asked questions to show best practices and provide practical support
- CMP Insight: TCF v2.0 Switchover Q&A with Quantcast
- TCF v2.0 essential toolkit for CMPs - All the tech know-how you will need
- Workshop webinars – This year we ran series of workshops for vendors and CMPs to understand TCF v2.0 with experts giving overviews on everything from policies to TCF v2.0 best practice user interface designs
- Vendor Fact Sheet – Overview of the TCF v2.0 for Vendors
- Webinar for CMPs and Vendors – Webinar recording to introduce TCF v2.0 to vendors