A Consent Management Platform (CMP) is a software or solution provider that develops notices (e.g. cookie banners) to inform users and capture their preferences with respect to the processing of their personal data..
CMPs must register to participate in the TCF and do this by applying for an annual CMP membership with the TCF through completing the CMP application process at the CMP Portal (CMP Registration).
CMPs following the TCF Policies specifically perform the following:
- Provide users with transparency and choices into the Vendors that a Publisher has selected to work with;
- Provide transparency and choices into the purposes that a Vendor wishes to leverage;
- Capture and store users’ choices in the form of a “TC String” (the storage mechanism used to save users’ choices is up to CMPs);
- Ensure that users’ choices can be communicated to Vendors, where applicable.
Please also visit the TCF v2.2 Supporting Resources page to review the most relevant resources about TCF v2.2, including the latest:
- TCF Policies
- TCF Terms & Conditions
- TCF Technical specifications
- TCF Implementation Guidelines
- TCF Data Processing Purposes Translations
- Lists of TCF Vendors & TCF CMPs
- Vendors & CMP Notifications
- Compliance documentation
- FAQs, Webinars and Blogs