Our committees are the backbone of our organisation. These groups bring together industry leaders and experts to connect and collaborate on initiatives to support the growth and development of digital marketing and advertising in Europe.
So far in 2022, IAB Europe’s committees have produced outstanding outputs. From an updated guide on the Post Third-Party Cookie Era and a new Guide to In-App Advertising to a Guide to CTV Targeting and Measurement, our committees have been very busy!
If you’re keen to get involved after the summer break, we’d love to have you join us! We have a range of committees that every IAB Europe member can join and be as much or as little a part of as they so desire. Below, we’ve put together a summary of our committees so you have all the information you need to sign up and get involved.
Why join a Committee?
Being a part of a committee will help you to expand your knowledge and network, and give you the chance to provide valuable education and guidance to the wider community. You can stay up to date on the latest regulatory affairs and public policy initiatives that promote self-regulation, best practices, and industry standards. You'll have the opportunity to become a speaker or moderator at large industry events, organised by our committees. And finally, being a part of a committee allows you to influence the work we are doing each year to drive forward the future of our industry.
Each committee has a monthly conference call with a quarterly face-to-face meeting. The committee Chair and Vice-Chair lead each session and proactively involve members to get the very best from each meeting. The latest projects and outputs will be discussed so members can decide what they’d like to get involved with and work on. Most committees will focus on two to three key projects each quarter which could range from producing a white paper to conducting industry research and market insights. For any output you are involved with, you and your company will be cited in the report and have the opportunity to be involved in subsequent PR or events.
What Committees can I join?
- Policy Committee – IAB Europe’s Policy Committee represents the interests of Europe’s digital marketing & advertising industry to ensure that future EU policy and regulation enables continuing innovation and sustainable media, while maximising the industry’s potential to contribute to Europe’s digital economy.
- Legal Committee – The Legal Committee brings together legal experts to help member companies and National IABs understand and assess the impact of EU legislation, European Court of Justice (CJEU) rulings, and enforcement by Data Protection Authorities (DPAs) as they pertain to digital advertising. It works to develop agreed interpretations of the law and compliance guidance to the market on key issues such as the definition of consent, legitimate interest, pseudonymization, verification for access requests, and other data subject rights, that can be promoted with key external stakeholders, including EU and local regulators, advertisers, and consumer associations. The Legal Committee is also involved in the preparation of IAB Europe responses and comments to EDPB and national guidelines, and other policy documents.
- Programmatic Trading Committee – The Programmatic Trading Committee is a multi-stakeholder group that aims to increase understanding of the programmatic ecosystem and the impact it is having on digital advertising and influence industry initiatives to improve the ecosystem.
- Brand Advertising Committee – The mission of IAB Europe’s Brand Advertising Committee is to drive brand investment into digital by providing Brand Advertisers with a reliable and trusted Brand Advertising Framework for the converging digital and traditional media environment. The Framework is composed of a set of initiatives designed to be compatible with global programmes. The committee focuses heavily on combating quality and transparency concerns to to fuel consumer trust and brand investment in the digital advertising and marketing ecosystem as well as providing best practices and guidance in emerging and established digital advertising channels and formats.
- Research Committee – The Research Committee provides strategic insight to drive digital advertising investment by overseeing and inputting to all of IAB Europe’s research activities and formulating an annual research plan.
- Post Third-Party Cookie Task Force – This is a joint Taskforce with IAB France. The joint taskforce brings European National IABs and their corporate members together to both promote “home-grown” European ideas that surface within the taskforce and to consolidate and submit feedback on proposals emanating from the W3C and Rearc, including the Chrome Privacy Sandbox. Providing users with choices that they can make with confidence based on information is the key to ensuring a fair and transparent advertising industry that can sustain the open Internet we know today. This taskforce helps to shape the technical standards and the future paradigm that will redefine our industry. Participation in the taskforce is open to all IAB Europe, IAB France, and other National IAB corporate members (even if those corporate members are not members of either IAB France or IAB Europe).
For more details on the committees with details on the Chairs, work plan, and contact details, please click here.