That’s a Wrap! The Great Debate: Trust & Transparency Headline Event
On September 28, IAB Europe hosted the headline event of our Trust and Transparency series ‘The Great Debate’.
The event was created to round up our exclusive September event series by discussing and debating all things trust and transparency in digital advertising.
Featuring a series of panel discussions, IAB Europe and IAB Europe member companies shared best practices and current initiatives and did a deep dive into the latest policy and legal regulations to drive trust and transparency in our industry. They shared their views on what’s being done and what else needs to be done.
In this post, you will find an overview of each of the sessions covered, as well as video recordings for you to view in your own time.
Panel 1: Tackling Disinformation in the Industry
IAB Europe’s Chief Economist, Daniel Knapp, lead the conversation on what disinformation is, how it is grown, and what can be done by the industry to curb the spread. He was joined by:
- Alberto Rabbachin – Deputy Head of Unit I.4: Media Convergence & Social Media; Directorate I – Media Policy; DG CONNECT- The Directorate‑General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology; European Commission
- David Goddard, Vice President of Busienss Development, DoubleVerify
- Cecilia Vanoletti, Team Lead Customer Success, Integral Ad Science
- Justin Adler-Swanberg, Director, Marketplace Quality, MediaMath
- Greg Mroczkowski, Director, Public Policy, IAB Europe
Panel 2: Tackling Brand Safety and Suitability for Emerging Channels – Gaming, CTV, and Audio
Following on from IAB Europe’s work around educating stakeholders on best practices for brand safety and suitability in emerging channels, this panel delved deeper with practical case studies and examples of what can be done to keep brands relevant and safe.
This panel was moderated by Tina Lakhani, Head of AdTech, IAB UK, who was joined by:
- Bahar Bozdogan, Product Marketing Lead (Meaurement), TikTok
- Craig Ziegler, SVP Product, Integral Ad Science
- Dave Burton, Senior Director EMEA, Head of Product, Samsung Ads Europe
- Stevan Randjelovic, Drector, Brand Safety and Digital Risk, GroupM EMEA
Panel 3: Understanding the Digital Services Act (DSA)
A panel of industry association leaders from advertising and beyond discussed the latest status of the DSA, detailing what it means to them and the stakeholders they represent, including start-ups, SMEs, and Entrepreneurs.
This panel was moderated by Townsend Feehan, CEO, IAB Europe, who was joined by:
- Konrad Shek, Director of Policy Research, Advertising Information Group
- Benedikt Blomeyer, Director EU Policy, Allied for Startups
- Agata Boutanos – The Director of ZPP Brussels Office, European Enterprise Alliance
Panel 4: Supply Chain Transparency
If the digital advertising industry is to increase investment from the buy-side and to continue to benefit consumers through personal, timely, and relevant content, then maintaining transparency is critical. This panel discussed the latest initiatives to help maintain such transparency.
This panel was moderated by Daniel Knapp, Cheif Economist, IAB Europe who was joined by:
- Lisa Kalyuzhny, RVP Advertiser Solutions, PubMatic
- Frances Hudson, Product Manager, Sourcepoint
- Danny Clayman, VP & MD Northern Europe, Xandr
- Fabien Couasnon, Director, Programmatic Partnerships EMEA, Taboola
Keynote: New Standards
Presentation by IAB Europe’s Technical Director, Alexandre Nderagakura, and Pierre Gauthier (IAB France Executive Committee member and Commercial Director at Channel Factory) on new standards to drive trust and transparency in our industry including the SCID initiative.