Interact 2023 – Day Two Highlights
On 23rd-24th May we hosted our annual flagship event Interact in Madrid, where we brought leaders from across the digital advertising and marketing ecosystem together to discuss and debate the hottest industry topics of the moment.
Thanks to the support of our sponsors and media partners, and the wonderful team at IAB Spain, we enjoyed two days of keynote speeches, panel discussions and networking under the central theme of ‘Innovation, Sustainability & Growth’.
On day two, we focused our attention on policy and putting things into practice. From the latest updates on the DSA and the TCF to performance marketing, sustainability and premium publisher advertising models, we uncovered everything that is vital to our industry today.
If you missed it or want to catch up on everything from day two, you can find an overview of each session, key takeaways, and video highlights right here.
Welcome & Opening Remarks from IAB Ukraine
Our colleague Anastasiya Baydachenko, CEO of IAB Ukraine gave a highly inspiring opening keynote on the latest updates and importance of the situation in Ukraine.
What You Need to Know About the DSA Today
In this informative panel discussion Inés Talavera de la Esperanza, Public Policy Manager at IAB Europe led a key conversation on the latest updates on the DSA and the importance of what we need to know and do as an industry today. Inés was joined by:
- Irene Roche Laguna, Deputy Head of Unit DG CONNECT F.2 Digital Services
- Enrique Factor Santoveña, Head of Service for European Relations at the Spanish Agency for Data Protection
- Benoit Loutrel, Board Member of Arcom, French AV & Digital Media Regulator
The Latest Updates on the TCF
In this panel discussion, industry experts came together to discuss the latest updates with the Transparency & Consent Framework (TCF) v2.2. They discussed the benefits of the latest version of the TCF, how it has been developed, the key challenges that need to be addressed and what’s next for the framework.
Ninon Vagner, Privacy Director at IAB Europe moderated this session as was joined by:
- Stefanie Beckmann, Director Digital Media Ecosystem at Seven.One Entertainment Group GmbH & Member of IAB Europe’s TCF Steering Group
- Christoph Zippel Ressortleiter Business & Legal Affairs / Senior Legal Counsel at RTL Deutschland GmbH & Chair of IAB Europe’s Policy Working Group
- Julien Delhommeau, Staff System Architect, Microsoft & Chair of IAB Europe’s TCF Framework Signal Working Group
Redefining Performance. Agility and Fluidity Across Channels
Just what is a simplified route to growth? Dave Hompe, VP at GroupM Nexus EMEA and Sara Terol, Search & Programmatic Senior Manager at Melia International Hotels took to the stage to discuss the importance today of a holistic, full-funnel approach to media plans.
Sustainability in Digital Advertising
In this panel discussion, industry experts came together to discuss the state of readiness of our industry when it comes to sustainability. They explored what is available today to help drive the reduction of carbon emissions produced by the delivery of digital advertising and took a look into what else needs to be done in order to achieve sustainability in our industry.
Claire Gleeson-Landry, Head of Investment & Sustainable Media at Good-Loop moderated this session and was joined by:
- Anthony Katsur, CEO, IAB Tech Lab
- Marion Cardona, Co-Founder & Chief Operating Officer, IMPACT+
- Michelle Perelman, Standards & Partnerships Director, Publicis Groupe
- Steffen Johann Hubert, Vice-Chair of IAB Europe’s Sustainability Standards Committee & Associate Director & Sustainability Lead, ProSiebenSat.1
The Future of Video Across Europe
The concept of Connected TV has become a widespread topic. While transparency isn’t a new concept, it’s one that continues to evolve – especially as digital channels like CTV experience tremendous growth. With any large-scale growth, challenges tend to appear and this is the crossroads we are experiencing in CTV today. Augustin Decré, Index Exchange’s Regional Managing Director SEMEA walked us through the future opportunities CTV represents in Europe.
A Premium Publishers View on Advertising and its Changes
In this short presentation, Robert Blanck, General Manager eCommerce & Advertising at Axel Springer ran through the challenges of being a premium publisher. From the strategic question of the right balance between paid and advertising revenue, through to the current ecosystem challenges of addressability, first party data and contextual, to the question of what a healthier ecosystem can look like and what role publishers can play in it. He also looked at industry standards and alliances and how they will shape the future for publishers.
Premium Publisher Advertising Models: Update and Outlook
How are premium publishers evolving their advertising business models? This panel dived into data strategies as well as innovations in areas such as programmatic trading, contextual, branded content, e-commerce, and partnerships.
Joanna Burton, Chief Strategy Officer at ID5 and Interact 2023’s host moderated this session and was joined by:
- Robert Blanck, General Manager eCommerce & Advertising, Axel Springer
- Brice Février, Yield Management & Monetisation Partners Director, PRISA Media
- Augustin Decré, Regional Managing Director SEMEA, Index Exchange