Are you a motivated individual looking to embark on a career in EU affairs? Are you seeking a hybrid and flexible traineeship opportunity? Join our multicultural and dynamic team based in Brussels, where you will have the chance to take on responsibilities from day one and foster your professional growth.
About IAB Europe:
IAB Europe is the leading European-level association for the digital marketing and advertising ecosystem. Our membership includes media, marketing, and high-end technology companies. As a Public Policy Trainee, you will play a vital role in shaping the digital advertising and marketing policy landscape in Europe.
Responsibilities/Scope of Work:
As a Public Policy Trainee, you will closely collaborate with IAB Europe's Public Policy Manager and the Director of Public Policy. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring and reporting: Keeping a close eye on key policy issues and providing regular updates to IAB Europe's members. This will involve preparing and distributing weekly and quarterly newsletters to keep members informed of the latest developments.
- Policy analysis and position papers: Conducting policy analysis and drafting position papers on digital and data policy files with the potential to impact the digital advertising and marketing industry. Examples of relevant files include the Digital Services Act, the Digital Markets Act, the Code of Practice in Disinformation, the European Media Freedom Act, the Data Act, and the Cookie Pledge.
- Outreach and advocacy: Supporting outreach and advocacy activities towards European institutions and other policymakers.
- Ad hoc research: Providing support on ad hoc requests from IAB Europe members, conducting research on specific policy topics.
- Management of Policy Committee: Assisting in the management of the Policy Committee by preparing agendas, slides, and minutes.
- Support in organizing policy events: Assisting in the organization of policy events, including securing speakers, drafting invites,managing participant registrations, and ensuring smooth execution.
To be considered for the role of Public Policy Trainee at IAB Europe, you should meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor's degree in law, politics, international affairs, or a related field. Alternatively, a Master's degree in political/international/EU affairs.
- Fluency in English is essential and preferably proficiency in other EU officials’ languages (German). .
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, allowing you to critically assess complex policy issues.
- Interest in digital technology and business, as well as an understanding of how law and policy impact both.
- Interest in learning about the EU and international affairs.
What we offer:
- 6 months traineeship, with an opportunity to secure a position by the end of it.
- Competitive compensation.
- Hybrid and flexible work type.
- The opportunity to dive into an industry of sophisticated technology, dynamic, and future-oriented.
- Stepping stone for a career in Public Policy and EU affairs.
If you are a motivated and passionate individual with an appetite for EU affairs and a desire to make an impact in the digital advertising and marketing industry, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is June 16, 2023.
We appreciate all applications, but please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
IAB Europe is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.