IAB Europe is recruiting a full-time Privacy Compliance Officer to join our Brussels-based privacy team. The candidate should have a basic understanding of the European data protection framework and an interest in its impacts on technological development, especially digital advertising and media.
Scope of the Role: Key Responsibilities
The Privacy Compliance Officer will report to IAB Europe’s Privacy Director. The Privacy Compliance Officer will be responsible for executing IAB Europe’s compliance programmes in the context of the association’s GDPR compliance standard, the Transparency & Consent Framework (TCF). Tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Privacy Director in the development of privacy compliance programmes for Consent Management Platforms (CMPs) and digital advertising intermediaries (AdTech vendors)
- Carrying out manual and automated privacy compliance assessments on digital properties (websites, apps) across key European markets
- Carrying our privacy compliance audits of ad tech intermediaries registered on the TCF’s Global Vendor List (GVL)
- Liaising with external contractors for the development of automated privacy compliance tools
- Processing and assessment of compliance complaints
- Supporting the Privacy Director and Privacy Counsel in overseeing and managing TCF Working Groups
- A degree in law or IT
- Basic working knowledge of EU privacy and data protection rules
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- An interest in digital advertising and the ability to interact confidently with high-level industry professionals
- Fluency in English and at least 1 other EU/EEA language
- Interest in privacy compliance in the digital space
- Strong communicator
- Able to work autonomously and take initiative
- Structured and organised
- Rigorous with eye for detail
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work at the cutting edge of the development and implementation of privacy and data protection laws in a rapidly changing sector that is the the forefront of online technological innovation
- Learn about the technical and legal ins and outs of digital advertising online
- Develop expert knowledge of privacy compliance online
- Visibility, engagement and interaction with senior staff in leading local and global technology and media businesses
- Possibility to work from home several days per week.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Contract type: Indefinite
To apply, please send your CV & a covering letter by email to email@example.com with a subject line: ‘Privacy Compliance Officer - Application’.
While we may not be able to reach out to every applicant, we will contact candidates whose skills and experience are a strong match for the position.