Want To Join The IAB Europe Team? New Role – Digital Advertising Analyst
Location: Remote (EU-27)/Brussels/London
IAB Europe is looking for a full-time Digital Advertising Analyst. This newly created role is a unique opportunity to contribute to cutting edge research and analysis on the digital advertising market and its intersection with technology, economy and policy.
Location is flexible. The role can be based in Brussels, London or remote in any EU 27 country.
IAB Europe is the European-level association for the digital marketing and advertising ecosystem. Through its membership of National IABs and corporate members (media, technology and marketing companies), its aim is to represent the industry’s interests and proactively drive change to ensure that advertising can continue to support a pluralistic media and the continued availability of a rich universe of online information and other services on terms that make them accessible to everyone.
Scope of role
Reporting to our Chief Economist, the Analyst will support a wide-ranging research agenda through data collection, modelling, analysis, expert liaison and deliver insights through contribution to written reports and presentations. This role will suit a data-savvy individual with a keen interest in digital advertising and technology who has 1-3 years experience.
Key tasks will include:
- Exploring latest market developments and emerging trends through collection of global data on advertising expenditure, social media, online video, e-commerce, gaming, artificial intelligence and related sectors
- Review of macro-economic data (e.g. World Bank, OECD, Eurostat) and its impact on digital advertising
- Analysis of financial filings from online platforms, large advertisers, advertising agencies, technology companies and media publishers
- Maintenance and expansion of our advertising intelligence database
- Visualising data in a compelling manner and contributing to evidence-based analyses of the digital advertising market
- Liaising with advertising industry experts, academic and policy network to support research initiatives via surveys or interviews
- Monitoring of academic and expert literature on wide-ranging issues from Platform Economics to Disinformation and AI policy
- Assisting in the creation of PowerPoint presentations, reports and conference preparation
- Attending and reporting on industry events and briefings.
The successful candidate will have:
- A strong academic background in economics, statistics, politics, or another relevant discipline; a Master’s degree is desirable
- Ideally 1-3 years experience in analysis, market research or similar (any industry)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English (another European language is beneficial)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse and interpret data to quickly understand business objectives and emerging trends
- Highly numerate with strong Excel skills, experience in economic modelling or statistics is a plus
- Strong time-management and organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- The ability to take the initiative and work autonomously, whilst also enjoying working in a small but highly energetic team
- A keen interest in advertising and technology as well as Internet and digital media research
- Suitable home office environment if applying for remote work.
- High level of integrity
- Problem-solving mindset
- Innate care about work quality
- Curiosity about new subject areas, techniques and tools, eagerness to always keep learning
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently
- Comfortable to work in both remote and office environments.
We live in a new culture of work, and this role is suited to remote work. The successful applicant can either be based in our Brussels office, in London where our Chief Economist is located, or remote in any EU-27 country. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure a suitable remote office environment with fast and stable broadband if applying for a remote position.
Competitive salary and associated benefits.
To apply, please send your CV & a covering letter by email to email@example.com with a subject line: ‘Digital Advertising Analyst – Application’. While we may not be able to reach out to every applicant, we will contact candidates whose skills and experience are a strong match for the position.