Want To Join The IAB Europe Team? New Position – Public Policy Officer
IAB Europe has an immediate opening for a Public Policy Officer. The position is a new one in the Association’s growing policy advocacy and regulatory affairs team.
IAB Europe is the European-level association for the digital marketing and advertising ecosystem. Through its membership of National IABs and corporate members (media, technology and marketing companies), its mission is to represent the industry’s interests and proactively drive change to ensure that advertising can continue to support a pluralistic media and the continued availability of a rich universe of online information and other services on terms that make them accessible to everyone.
Scope of role
Reporting to the Public Policy Director, the Public Policy Officer will support the Association’s Policy Committee, monitoring EU policy and legislative developments and planning and executing outreach to EU institutional audiences and media, in partnership with IAB Europe’s members, including National IABs, and with like-minded associations from across the digital advertising ecosystem.
Key tasks will include:
- Analysing and preparing draft position papers on privacy, data protection and other digital policy dossiers that have the potential to impact digital advertising and marketing. Examples of relevant files include the proposed ePrivacy Regulation, Digital Services Act package, European Democracy Action Plan and the Code of Practice on Disinformation, the “Follow-the-Money” approach to ad misplacement on IP-infringing websites.
- Organising and participating in meetings with EU institutional and other relevant policy stakeholders on priority topics.
- Supporting IAB Europe’s economic research programme by collaborating with external consultants during the execution phase and distilling research findings into documentation for policymaker audiences after publication.
- Organising the work of the Policy Committee, with monthly meetings, as well as that of taskforces that report to the Committee.
- Preparing agendas, meeting documentation and minutes, in close collaboration with the Committee Chair and Vice Chair.
- Monitoring policy issues and preparing updates for IAB Europe’s members in areas of relevance for digital advertising and marketing, helping ensure that IAB Europe is the first place that members and external practitioners go to when seeking up-to-date information.
- Representing IAB Europe in multi-stakeholder industry fora and at industry and media-facing policy events.
The successful candidate will have:
- A strong academic background in either EU law or politics, or another relevant discipline; a Master’s degree would be desirable.
- 1 to 3 years’ working experience, ideally with exposure to the EU institutional environment.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills (including fluent English and one other European language).
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to quickly understand business objectives and related policy risks.
- Strong time-management and organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- The ability to take the initiative and work autonomously, whilst also enjoying working in a small but highly-energetic team.
- A keen interest in advertising and technology as well as Internet and digital media policy.
- High level of integrity
- Customer-focused, service-minded and capable of cross-cultural collaboration
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently
- Confidence and authority in groups and with political stakeholders
- Engaging and approachable
To apply, please send your CV & a covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line: ‘Public Policy Officer – Application’. While we may not be able to reach out to every applicant, we will contact candidates whose skills and experience are a strong match for the position.