IAB Europe’s Guide to Brand Safety in CTV
In May 2021, IAB Europe released its ‘Guide to Brand Safety in CTV’ to help stakeholders working in the CTV ecosystem maintain best practices and ensure brand-safe environments for advertisers.
2021 is a pivotal year for CTV advertising. With more people staying indoors over the past year, consumer behaviour has shifted to enable CTV to skyrocket. But as with in any new or emerging channel, it is crucial that the industry takes measures to protect both audiences and advertisers within a CTV environment.
The guide draws on some of the key considerations to help the Digital Advertising industry navigate brand safety in the new CTV environment. It provides an overview of the brand safety and ad fraud market within CTV, highlighting best practices, solutions, and case studies.
Written by CTV experts from IAB Europe’s Quality & Transparency Taskforce including Comscore, DoubleVerify, FreeWheel, MediaMath, Rakuten Advertising, SpotX and IAB Tech Lab, the guide also looks at the future landscape and what the market needs to do in terms of standardisation, measurement, and transparency to fully support this emerging channel.
Download the guide below.
A big thank you to the following contributors:
- Rachel Gantz, General Manager, Activation, Comscore
- Angela Rodriguez, Vice President, Activation, Comscore
- Dan White, Group Director, EMEA, DoubleVerify
- David Goddard, Senior Business Director, EMEA, DoubleVerify & Chair of IAB Europe’s Programmatic Trading Committee
- Emmanuel Josserand, Senior Director, Agency, Brand and Industry Relations, Freewheel
- Amit Shetty, VP Programmatic & Partnerships, IAB Tech Lab
- Victoria Chappell, VP Marketing, Integral Ad Science (IAS)
- Sarah Elliott, VP Global Product Marketing, Integral Ad Science (IAS)
- Alynn Beyder, Director, Product Marketing, Integral Ad Science (IAS)
- Justin Adler-Swanberg, Director, Marketplace Quality, MediaMath
- Bart Sieswerda, Director, Business Development, Nordics & Benelux, Rakuten Advertising
- Graeme Lynch, VP Deand, EMEA, SpotX