IAB Europe’s Guide to Ad Fraud
In December 2020, IAB Europe released its ‘Guide to Ad Fraud’, to help drive media quality and effectiveness in the digital advertising industry.
This guide has been developed by experts from IAB Europe’s Quality and Transparency Taskforce (a part of the Brand Advertising Committee). It defines specific types of fraud in digital advertising and outlines how verification companies work to combat new and emerging types of ad fraud across all channels. It also provides top tips for buyers and planners to prevent Ad Fraud in their next campaigns and serves as a call for action to the industry to follow best practices to tackle ad fraud.
Brands in Europe are now spending around €4.7 billion on digital advertising, and they want to know that this significant investment isn’t squandered. But with the World Federation of Advertisers (WFA) estimating that by 2021 over $50 billion will be wasted annually on Ad Fraud, it is vital for all stakeholders to ensure they have the right preventive measures in place. A key part of the guide, therefore, focuses on the importance of rapid detection, which includes the stages of ad fraud detection that companies should follow.
It has been a collaborative effort to produce this European-level guide for Ad Fraud, with contributors including Integral Ad Science (IAS), DoubleVerify, Oracle Data Cloud, Group M, Pubmatic, and Publicis Media. Agora S.A also contributed their knowledge on behalf of IAB Poland.
A big thank you to the following contributors:
- Nick Morley, Managing Director EMEA, Integral Ad Science (IAS)
- Livia Shlesman, Sr, Marketing Manager, Integral Ad Science (IAS)
- Roy Rosenfeld, SVP of Product, DoubleVerify
- Mark Kopera, Head of Product for Moat Analytics, Oracle Data Cloud
- Stevan Randjelovic, Director, Brand Safety and Digital Rise, Group M
- Lisa Kalyuzhny, Senior Director, Advertising Solutions, Pubmatic
- Maria Shcheglakova, Marketing Director, EMEA, Pubmatic
- Diana Romero, Manager, Digital Standards and Partnerships, RoW, PMX Global
- Krzysztof Madejski, IT Director of the Digitization of Gazeta Wyborcza, Agora S.A. on behalf of IAB Poland
View the guide here – IAB Europe Guide to Ad Fraud December 2020