The IAB Europe’s Guide to Attention in Digital Marketing
This guide to attention in digital marketing has been developed by experts from IAB Europe’s Brand Advertising Committee as both an introduction to the topic and as a means of sparking wider industry debate around how attention measurement should develop over the next few years.
Still a nascent field, this guide provides an overview of what attention is in digital advertising and why attention measurement is gaining interest now. The guide also reports a suggested framework for measuring attention and outlines implementation best practices, as well as case studies from real-world deployments of attention measurement tools.
In short, this guide attempts to answer key questions brands are currently asking about attention measurement including:
- Why is attention important?
- What tools are available to measure attention?
- What are the use cases for these tools?
- How can I best integrate attention into my digital advertising campaigns?
A big thank you to our contributors for helping with this Guide:
- Sebastiano Cappa, Managing Director, Outbrain & Board of Directors, IAB Italy
- Rob Gedge, Global Solutions and Innovation Manager, Xaxis
- Alison Hawkins, Integrated Solutions Director, Northern Europe, DoubleVerify
- Emmanuel Josserand, Sr Dir. Brand, Agency and Industry Relations, FreeWheel (Comcast)
- Andy Brown, CEO, The Attention Council
- Harpreet Kallah, Senior Marketing Manager EMEA, PubMatic
- Luca Masiello, Advertiser Partnerships, Northern Europe, Microsoft
- Ekaterina Vagner, Sr. Regional Marketing Manager, EMEA, Verve Group
- Gabriele Vileikyte, Product Manager, Eskimi
- Justin Adler, Director of Product Strategy – Quality and Compliance, Mediamath
- Phil Sumner, VP Research Operations, Teads
- Boriana Velikova, Executive Director, IAB Bulgaria
- Juha Halmesvaara, Head of Strategy & Insight, Dentsu Finland, representing IAB Finland
- Duncan Southgate, Senior Director, Creative and Media Solutions – Insights Division, Kantar
- Luis Falcao, Director of Operations, IAB Portugal
- Simon Thomas, Global Director – Audiences Research and Media Investment Management, GroupM
- Silvia Gorra, VP Marketing EMEA, VidMob
- Louis Bocket, Lead, Product Marketing, Scibids
- Jacques Cazin, Senior Advisor, Viznet & Vice Chair of IAB Europe’s Brand Advertising Committee
- Kay Schneider, SVP Global Product and Business Development, ShowHeroes Group
- Elizabeth Lane, Head of Research Measurement, IAB UK