IAB Europe Guide to the Post Third-Party Cookie Era – Updated in February 2021
This Guide has been developed by experts from IAB Europe’s Programmatic Trading Committee (PTC) to prepare brands, agencies, publishers and tech intermediaries for the much-anticipated post third-party cookie advertising ecosystem. The first edition was released in May 2020.
This updated edition of the guide was released in February 2021. It provides the industry with all the information that we know today on the solutions being developed for the post third-party cookie era.
This updated edition of the Guide provides the most up to date answers to the following questions:
- How will the depletion of third-party cookies impact stakeholders and the wider industry including Proprietary Platforms?
- How will the absence of third-party cookies affect the execution of digital advertising campaigns?
- What solutions currently exist to replace the usage of third-party cookies?
- What industry solutions are currently being developed and by whom?
To help stakeholders navigate and prepare for the post-third-party cookie advertising era, additional key questions are also covered:
- What alternative solutions may be suitable for my business?
- How can my company get involved in contributing to the industry wide solutions?
- How can we identify ID solutions to test and work effectively with?
This guide will continue to be regularly updated to reflect the changes and developments within the industry.
Thank you to the following people who contributed to the Guide:
- Alex Berger, Senior Marketing Director, Buy-Side Products, Adform
- Emily Roberts, Programmatic Trading Manager EMEA, BBC Global News
- Ben Hancock, Global Head of Programmatic Trading, CNN International
- David Goddard, Chair, IAB Europe Programmatic Trading Committee and Senior Director, Business Development, DoubleVerify
- Thibault Montanier, Data Manager and Integration Specialist, Sirdata & Co-Chair of IAB Europe’s Post Third-Party Cookie Taskforce, representing IAB France
- Ian Maxwell, Converge Digital representing IAB Ireland
- Alex Cone, Senior Director, Product Management & Jordan Mitchell, SVP, Head of Consumer Privacy, Identity and Data, IAB Tech Lab
- Gokberk Ertunc, Programmatic Manager, OMD Turkey / IAB Turkey
- Akshay Bhattacharjee – Programmatic Solutions Specialist for the Nordics & CEE Region, IAS
- Valbona Gjini, Marketing Director, ID5
- Sara Vincent, Senior Director, Strategic Partner Development, Index Exchange
- Kristanne Roberts, Global Development Director, Insights Division, Kantar
- Zara Erismann, MD Publisher Europe, LiveRamp
- Garrett McGrath, Vice President, Product Management, Magnite
- William Lee, Mgr, Product Policy & Comp, Chris Keenan, Regional VP, Business Development and Jamie Penkethman, Sr Director, Product Marketing, MediaMath
- Tanya Field, Co-Founder & Chief Product Officer, Novatiq
- Miles Pritchard, Managing Director – Data Management Solutions, OMD
- Carlotta Zorzi, Global Brand Partnerships, Oracle Data Cloud
- Laine Rosa, Product Manager, Outbrain
- Maria Shcheglakova, Marketing Director EMEA, PubMatic
- Alwin Viereck, Head of Programmatic, Ad Technology & Product, United Internet Media
- Gabrielle Le Toux , Senior Marketing Manager, Xandr
- Szymon Pruszyński, Head of Growth, Yieldbird
- Joshua Koran, Head of Innovation Labs, Zeta Global
- Livia Busseni, VP Global Solutions Engineering, Zeotap