IAB Europe Guide to Brand Safety & Brand Suitability
IAB Europe has launched this Guide to share background context on brand safety in Europe, pan-European definitions for brand safety and brand suitability with accompanying key considerations, best practices and case studies to help educate all stakeholders on ensuring brand safe environments.
The guide was developed by experts from IAB Europe’s Quality & Transparency Taskforce (a part of the Brand Advertising Committee). Formed in January 2020, the taskforce’s aim is to combat stakeholder quality and transparency concerns and address the challenges that the industry is facing in order to fuel consumer trust and brand investment in the digital advertising and marketing ecosystem. Following on from IAB Europe’s industry poll brand safety which demonstrated the need for more education and guidance, the taskforce agreed that their first priority was to address the need for harmonised pan-European brand safety and brand suitability definitions.
Thank you to the following people who contributed to the Guide:
- Tanzil Bukhari, Managing Director EMEA, DoubleVerify
- Stevan Randjelovic, Director, Brand Safety & Digital Risk EMEA, GroupM
- Karim Attia, Ambassador, BVDW / IAB Germany
- Myriam Hamied, Communications & Program Manager, IAB France
- Giordano Buttazzo, Ad Tech Manager, IAB Italy
- Małgorzata Walendziewska, Special Programs Manager, IAB Poland
- Craig Ziegler, VP Verification Product, Integral Ad Science
- Nick Morley, MD EMEA, Integral Ad Science
- Andreas Dooley, Head of Agency Sales, EMEA, Oracle Data Cloud
- Joanne Coombs, Senior Business Development Partner, EMEA, Oracle Data Cloud
- Laura Stokes, Senior Technical Account Manager, Oracle Data Cloud
- Lisa Kalyuzhny, Senior Director, Advertiser Solutions EMEA, PubMatic