IAB Europe’s Guide to the Programmatic CTV Opportunity in Europe
In April 2021, IAB Europe released its ‘Guide to the Programmatic CTV Opportunity in Europe’ to help planners and buyers of media understand and navigate how CTV can operate programmatically.
This guide has been developed by experts from IAB Europe’s Programmatic Trading Committee. It provides a European-level overview of the CTV programmatic supply chain and the CTV options available to advertisers and addresses the challenges that planners currently face to make the most of the opportunities and demand in this space. It also offers some key considerations and best practices to ensure programmatic CTV is being optimised and used effectively.
The European Connected TV (CTV) market has skyrocketed in recent years. Where the worlds of TV and digital have been gradually merging over time, more and more consumers have been tuning out of traditional Linear TV options and moving into online streaming, paving the way for the CTV phenomenon. In Europe, CTV presents a huge opportunity for advertisers to reach engaged audiences with the right message. But for the CTV market to reach its full potential in Europe scale is key, and for that to happen programmatic CTV needs to be adopted.
As such, the Guide to the Programmatic CTV Opportunity in Europe serves as a unique resource and key tool to tap into the opportunity that Programmatic offers for CTV.
It has been a collaborative effort to produce this first European-level Guide for the Programmatic CTV Opportunity in Europe, with contributors including Criteo, Didomi, DoubleVerify, Finecast, Google, Integral Ad Science (IAS), Magnite, Oracle Data Cloud, PubMatic, Rakuten Advertising, SpotX, IAB Tech Lab and Xandr.
A big thank you to the following contributors:
- Shailendra Pandey, Principal Research Manager, Criteo
- Tamara Nordberg, Product Marketing Manager, Didomi
- John Ross, Director, Product Strategy, DoubleVerify
- David Goddard, Senior Business Development Director, EMEA, DoubleVerify & Chair of IAB Europe’s Programmatic Trading Committee
- James Grant, Head of Global Product Development, Finecast
- Nick Bone, Revenue Solutions Lead, Google
- Glenn Perera, Director, Product Strategy, EMEA, Integral Ad Science (IAS)
- Nick Welch. Programmatic Director, Northern Europe, Integral Ad Science (IAS)
- Steve Wing, Head of EMEA, Magnite
- Will Jones, Head of Publisher Development OTT/CTT, EMEA, Magnite
- Carlotta Zorzi, Global Brand Partnerships, Oracle Data Cloud
- Jaidev Kakar, Director, Advertiser Solutions CTV/OTT, EMEA, PubMatic
- Maria Shcheglakova, Marketing Director, EMEA, PubMatic
- Giovina Di Tonno, Director, Business Development, Italy & Spain, Rakuten Advertising
- Gregor Fellner, Director, Business Development, DACH, Rakuten Advertising
- Robert Greaves, Director, Demand Facilitation, SpotX
- Sarah Gaudszun, Director, Business Development, EMEA, SpotX
- Amit Shetty, VP Programmatic & Partnerships, IAB Tech Lab
- Gabrielle Le Toux, Senior Marketing Manager, Xandr
- Mia Sari, Manager, Solutions Consultant, Xandr