Module 2: Understanding ePrivacy and how it impacts digital advertising
Thursday 17th June 2021
In this module, you will get a good understanding of ePrivacy and how it affects digital advertising. The estimated time for this mobile is 1 hour and 50 minutes including time for Q&As in between each section, from participants to the trainer.
Why Data Protection and Privacy are considered different rights in the EU
- Article 7 vs Article 8 of the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the EU. Why this distinction exists, and what it means in practice
- The goals of the ePrivacy Directive (and Regulation) as opposed to the goals of the GDPR
Why it's all about cookies (or is it?)
- How ePrivacy got the “Cookie Law” nickname
- The relationship between the ePrivacy Directive and the GDPR
From Directive to Regulation: what’s at stake?
- Why moving from a Directive to a Regulation matters
- Legitimate interest for dropping cookies
- New exceptions to the consent requirement
- Commercial Considerations - the discussion on ‘Consent Walls’
- What the legislative next steps are in the process