TCF Steering Group
The IAB Europe TCF Steering Group was created as an advisory group, holding IAB Europe as the managing organisation (MO) of the TCF, to account for the delivery of policies that will adhere to GDPR requirements.
TCF Steering Group
· Chair – Julia Shulman, Vice President, Chief Privacy Counsel, at AppNexus, a Xandr company
· Vice Chair – Ari Levenfeld, Chief Privacy Officer, at Quantcast
To access Steering Group collaterals such as minutes and membership please contact Enrico Tricanica email@example.com
The Steering Group is empowered to create Working Groups (WG) of which there are currently five:
· Framework Policies
·Chair – Christoph Zippel, Senior Legal Counsel at RTL Group
· Vice Chair – Matthias Matthiesen, Senior Privacy Counsel at Quantcast
· Data Processing Purposes
· Chair – Stevan Randjelovic, Brand Safety Manager at GroupM.
· DPA Outreach
· Chair – Ari Levenfeld, Chief Privacy Officer, at Quantcast
· Vice Chair – Thomas Adhumeau, Associate General Counsel at App Nexus a Xandr company.
· Framework Signals
Chair – Grant Nelsen, Product Manager Privacy at AppNexus a Xandr company
· TCF Communications
If you would like to join the TCF Steering Group or the Working Groups, please contact Ioana Mardare at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IAB Tech Lab
IAB Europe and IAB Tech Lab collaborate on the TCF on the basis of a Memorandum of Understanding. IAB Tech Lab is tasked with the maintenance and iteration of the technical specifications that underpin the Framework.
· GDPR Commit Group – mandated with governing the technical specifications in the Framework.
· GDPR Technical Working Group – mission is to share information on GDPR/ePrivacy and engage technical leaders in contributing to related solutions.
If you would like to join the IAB Tech Lab working group, please contact Jennifer Derke at email@example.com
Components of the TCF
The TCF is a combination of two core technical specifications – Transparency and Consent String with Global Vendor List Format, and the Consent Management Platform API – and the Policy document. In addition, the Global Vendor List (GVL) captures and stores the registration of vendors (companies working with website publishers and advertisers) who wish to participate in the TCF and administration of the Consent Management Platforms (CMPs) who work with publisher sites. Administration of CMPs participating in the TCF is supported by the CMP Validator that is managed by the MO (IAB Europe).