Vacancy at IAB Europe – Digital Advertising Product Manager
Scope of the role
IAB Europe has a new opening for a full-time Digital Advertising Product Manager to support the development and roll-out of programmatic digital advertising standards in Europe that relate to real time bidding, supply chain transparency and advertising sustainability.
The Digital Advertising Product Manager will support a small number of working groups focused on the technical development and implementation of IAB Europe’s privacy standard, the Transparency & Consent Framework (TCF), and on the development of standards in domains outside of privacy such as advertising transparency requirements laid down in the Digital Services Act (DSA) and environmental sustainability. He/she will also act as liaison and ensure effective collaboration with partner organisations on digital advertising technology topics.
Specific tasks in the scope of the role
Specifically, the Programmatic Advertising Product Manager would be expected to:
- Support IAB Europe’s TCF Framework Signals Working Group (FSWG) and provide technical input and guidance to the development of the Technical Specifications and accompanying code libraries and implementation guidelines ensuring that language in the specifications is market appropriate
- Provide technical advice to IAB Europe’s DSA Ads Transparency Taskforce, Programmatic Trading Committee and Sustainability Standards Committee and non-technical team
- Extending and overseeing the TCF compliance programmes for Consent Management
Providers (CMPs) and Vendors that implement the Transparency & Consent
Framework. This involve recruiting and managing external contractors that develop automated testing of CMPs and Vendors’ technologies to verify their compliance with the policies and technical specifications of the TCF;
- Liaise with relevant working groups within IAB Tech Lab such as the OpenRTB Working Group and Privacy sub-group, Global Privacy Working Group, REARC Addressability and Accountability Working Groups, Prebid, and W3C
- Lead the technical development of IAB Europe’s TCF vendor and CMP compliance enforcement programme, in collaboration with legal and privacy colleagues
- Manage IAB Europe external suppliers that deliver web services and software development across all IAB Europe activities
- Liaise with the community of National IABs and the boarder community to gather technical and business requirements that need to inform the evolution of the technical advertising standards across Europe, acting as a point of focus for the developer community
To deliver the above, the successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the online advertising “ecosystem” and the technology involved in the delivery of programmatic advertising. A relevant academic background such as software engineering and at least three years of professional experience in technical product management in one or more companies operating in the sector are minimum requirements, as is good written and spoken English.
Experience in multicultural environments, ability to work autonomously, and a willingness to spontaneously identify and take on new challenges in a dynamic and demanding professional environment is important. Alongside this the role will need to confidently and with authority contribute to large and diverse working groups and feel comfortable when in some instances leadership of these groups is required.
The position could be based in Belgium (Brussels) or elsewhere in Europe. The position reports to IAB Europe’s Privacy Director and will require collaboration with colleagues on the policy, legal compliance and industry services teams within IAB Europe.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Technical and product knowledge of the ad tech supply chain and the communities it comprises and serves – including the variety of technical integrations between players in both the web and app (mobile and CTV) environments
- Ability to consider both business and technical considerations when designing and developing solutions
- Skilled in leading technical projects in privacy and programmatic management and able to evangelise to the developer and technical community
Technical / functional skills
- Experience in overseeing database creation and maintenance
- Understanding of cloud services with specific understanding of those provided by AWS
- Broad knowledge of the software development process and its technologies particularly open source and the management of access to open source through tools such as GitHub
- Experience of common project management methodologies such as “Agile” and technical project management that is involved in open source development
- Strong communicator
- Able to interact confidently with senior management, both internally and externally
- Able to think strategically and with a good sense of the needs of the business
- Organisationally agile
- Interested in the technical, business and legal/policy challenges currently confronting the digital advertising and marketing industries
- Cross-cultural collaborator
- Structured and well-organised
- Engaging and approachable
About IAB Europe
IAB Europe is a European-level industry association of national federations and corporate members active in digital advertising and marketing. Its mission is to promote Europe’s digital advertising & marketing industry and ensure that advertising continues to finance a rich universe of online content & services, including independent media, that is accessible on terms that all citizens can afford. Through its direct corporate membership and that of its national federations, it represents some 3,000-4,000 companies across the advertising ecosystems, from advertisers and agencies to adtech vendors, publishers, broadcasters and eCommerce platforms.
Submission of application
All submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org including a statement of interest that details experience relevant to the role, current CV and remuneration expectations.