Join the IAB Europe Team! Digital Advertising Privacy Officer Vacancy
IAB Europe is recruiting a full-time Digital Advertising Privacy Officer to join its growing Brussels-based privacy team. The role will be mainly focused on the Transparency & Consent Framework (TCF), a widely-deployed European standard developed to help ad-supported websites comply with their obligations under the GDPR, but there will be scope to explore other privacy and data protection-related topics and support the development of new standards.
Candidates should have an interest in digital technology, especially media and advertising, and at least a basic understanding of the European data protection legal and policy framework and/or Information Technology.
The Digital Advertising Privacy Officer will be responsible for implementing and iterating on the compliance validation and enforcement programmes for the TCF, the premiere privacy standard in the digital advertising industry. The enforcement programme ensures that the vendors and consent management platforms (CMPs) that implement the TCF comply with its Policies and Technical Specifications, a critical work-track in the maintenance of this important privacy solution. The Privacy Officer’s tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Privacy Director in the development of privacy compliance programmes for Consent Management Platforms (CMPs) and digital advertising intermediaries (AdTech vendors)
- Carrying out manual and automated privacy compliance assessments on digital properties (websites, apps) across key European markets
- Carrying our privacy compliance audits of ad tech intermediaries registered on the TCF’s Global Vendor List (GVL) and processing compliance complaints
- Liaising with external contractors for the development of automated privacy compliance tools
- Supporting the Privacy Director in overseeing and managing Working Groups that contribute to shaping the future evolution of the TCF, helping national IABs and member companies in identifying how TCF needs to evolve in light of enforcement actions by national Data Protection Authorities (DPAs), national and European jurisprudence, and practical experience in the market.
The Digital Advertising Privacy Officer will report to IAB Europe’s Privacy Director.
- A degree in law or IT/computer science
- Basic working knowledge of EU privacy and data protection rules
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- An interest in digital advertising and the ability to interact confidently with high-level industry professionals
- Fluency in English and at least 1 other EU/EEA language
- Interest in privacy compliance in the digital space
- Strong communicator
- Able to work autonomously and take initiative
- Structured and organised
- Rigorous with eye for detail
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work with some of the most sophisticated technology companies in the world, at the cutting edge of the development and implementation of privacy and data protection laws in a rapidly changing sector that is the forefront of online innovation
- Learn about the technical and legal ins and outs of digital advertising online
- Develop expert knowledge of privacy compliance online
- Visibility, engagement and interaction with Chief Privacy Officers, Chief Technology Officers and other senior staff in leading local and global technology and media businesses
- Possibility to work from home 2-3 days per week.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Contract type: Indefinite
About IAB Europe
IAB Europe is the European-level association for the digital marketing and advertising ecosystem. Through its membership of media, technology and marketing companies and national IABs, its mission is to lead political representation and promote industry collaboration to deliver frameworks, standards and industry programmes that enable business to thrive in the European market. Visit our website for more information about IAB Europe and its members.
To apply, please send your CV & a covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line: ‘Digital Advertising Privacy Officer – Application’. While we may not be able to reach out to every applicant, we will contact candidates whose skills and experience are a strong match for the position.