Contractor Vacancy at IAB Europe – CO₂ Emissions in the Digital Advertising Supply Chain Measurement Framework Mapping & Gap Analysis
CO₂ Emissions in the Digital Advertising Supply Chain: Call for Proposals to Complete a Measurement Framework Mapping & Gap Analysis
IAB Europe wishes to engage an external contractor with expertise in environmental sustainability and the digital advertising ecosystem to develop thinking and research around the measurement of CO₂ emissions generated by the delivery of digital advertising products. The initial brief is to undertake an analysis of the measurement and methodology landscape for carbon emissions in digital advertising activation, mapping out all existing methodologies and providing an analysis of each of them in relation to their stage of maturity and their potential suitability as a starting point for a single, unified pan-European framework. Based on satisfactory completion of this gap analysis, the role could evolve into a permanent part-time support to the Association’s environmental sustainability work-track.
The role is an initial short focused project with a proposed duration of 8 weeks leading into a long term engagement to support the development of standardisation and frameworks the measurement of Co₂e emissions produced by the delivery of digital advertising and requires a sustainability supply chain expert who has a comprehensive understanding of the digital landscape and an awareness of the digital advertising ecosystem.
The role will require the individual to present the findings back to the internal IAB Europe team and also the IAB Europe ESG Methodology and framework workgroup.
Key Deliverables (8 week project):
- Market facing report that explores the scopes and boundaries of all methodologies in market
- A gap analysis of existing frameworks
- Proposal for framework development approach and a recommendation for the best starting point (this could be leveraging an existing framework)
- Briefing documents for IAB Europe’s ESG Methodology and framework workgroup in relation to the carbon methodologies
Project Proposed Timeline:
- Mapping of all known frameworks for digital – week 1 (IAB Europe have already pulled a list together of some of the known methodologies)
- Interviews and research weeks 2 to 5
- Gap analysis week 6 and 7
- Deliverables presented week 8
Long term engagement:
- Overseeing & driving the continued iteration of a European level measurement framework for Co2e in digital advertising
- Liaising with National IAB’s to include relevant development and know-how from their workgroups
- Developing strategy for consistent deployment of any framework at a National and European level.
- Audit any external sustainability-related deliverables created by the sustainability standards committee to ensure that they are in line with government requirements and will stand up to external audit scrutiny.
- Ongoing engagement of critical industry stakeholders, driving cadence around communication and the roadmap of deliverables
Additional Experience & Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar role and possess the following criteria:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, or other quantitative field
- A knowledge of digital advertising and the programmatic supply chain.
- Knowledge in change management, ability to influence and bring stakeholders together around initiatives, and strengths in structured problem solving, and communication (both through presentation and writing), Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Previous experience in consulting or project management with a proven track-record of delivering results, data-driven analysis and prioritisation, and hypothesis-driven approaches
- Experience of sustainability work, specifically measuring Co₂ emissions in all scopes, and an understanding of materiality would be also be valuable
- A keen interest in sustainability, and an eagerness to learn more
- The successful candidate will be based in the EU or the United Kingdom.
- Competitive compensation based on experience and qualifications.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position to Lauren Wakefield – email@example.com.
We appreciate all applications, but please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
IAB Europe is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.